Welcome to the University of Portsmouth London.
We're a thriving University with a strong reputation for teaching and learning. Built on excellent student experience - and it's this foundation that's inspired us to develop a new campus in London.
Why study with us?
- In the top 40 for student satisfaction (NSS 2022)
- Rated five stars for our overall teaching and research (QS World Rankings 2023)
- Nine out of ten Portsmouth graduates are in work or further study 15 months after finishing their course (HESA Graduate Outcomes Survey 2018-19)
Working closely with Waltham Forest Council, we want to deliver a state-of-the-art higher education experience. We want to create new choices for our students: a flexible teaching environment which allows each and every student to succeed in their chosen career. Our aim is to build a space full of opportunities for everyone.
We'll initially offer nine courses:
- BA (Hons) Business and Management
- BA (Hons) Marketing
- BSc (Hons) Computer Science
- BSc (Econ) (Hons) Economics, Finance and Banking
- MA Digital Marketing
- MSc International Business and Management
- MSc Construction Project Management
- MSc Engineering Management
- MSc Information Systems
To begin, we'll be based in Juniper House, next to Walthamstow Central train station.
We'll start work on our purpose-built campus soon. Based next-door to Juniper House, Central House will be a haven of life and learning. We want to create a sustainable campus, with fantastic learning facilities and green spaces so that our students are happy and engaged.
Why Waltham Forest?
The University of Portsmouth and Waltham Forest Borough Council have so much in common. We share the same values and commitment to our communities and environmental responsibilities, and see massive opportunities for us to grow by working together.
Where we're based
Our London campus will be located opposite the main transport hub in Walthamstow, with excellent transport facilities across London and beyond. We'll design our buildings around the student experience over the next few years, with a focus on usability and sustainability.
Where we want to go
We're an inclusive, exciting and modern university, using the latest technologies to teach and offering courses that can fit into busy lives.
By 2030, we want to be the top modern university in the UK and one of the top 100 young universities in the world.
Our plans are ambitious and with good reason. We are on the rise.
- In 2017, we were awarded TEF Gold – the highest rating for teaching quality
- In 2019, we were awarded £5.8 million by Research England to develop our plastics research – the largest single research award in the University's history